K’taka: Police rescue abducted doctor
Bangalore: The Bangalore City Police with the
help of their Haryana counterparts nabbed three persons who
had allegedly kidnapped a doctor for ransom within 24 hours
of the abduction.
Dr Shankar, who runs a nursing home in the city, was
befriended by one of the accused Irshad, who requested him to
come to his village in Haryana to treat his ailing father,
However, Shankar was held hostage on Feb 11 once he reached
Hodal taluk in Haryana and a four-member gang demanded a
ransom of Rs 50 lakh for his release, police said.
Irshad had also told Shankar that he had stumbled upon gold
biscuits while demolishing his old house and wanted him to
purchase the treasure, police said.
Acting on a complaint from Suresh, the brother of the
abducted doctor, a police team was sent to Hodal, from where
the kidnappers were making calls from their mobile for the
On Feb 12, Suresh was asked to deliver the cash at a place
along the Mathura-Hodal road and when the culprits arrived on
the scene, the joint police team tried to take them into
custody, police said.
However, the gang opened fire to escape from the police,
but the latter returned the fire and managed to nab them, they
While three of the four-member gang - Irshad (20), Javed
(22) and Shabbir (30) were arrested, the fourth accused is at
large and efforts are on to nab him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar