K`taka Speaker sets up panel to probe House ruckus
Bangalore: Karnataka Assembly Speaker KG
Bopaiah on Thursday set up a Legislature Committee to probe into
unruly incidents in the state Assembly during which some
ruling BJP members, including few ministers entered into an
altercation with Opposition members.
The legislature committee would be headed by BJP MLA
Srikanth Kulkarni. M P Kumaraswamy, Krishna Byregowda, S R
Vishwanath and S K Basavarajan would be other members of the
panel, which has been asked to submit its findings in a
month`s time, legislature secretariat sources said.
During the special session called to discuss illegal
mining issue in July, BJP MLA H T Suresh, nephew of Health
Minister B Sreeramulu, had made certain remarks that were
objected to by Opposition Congress and JDS members.
Following a subsequent uproar in the House, Tourism
Minister G Janardhana Reddy and his supporters challenged
Congress leaders to visit Bellary and that they would be
"taught a lesson".
Amidst continuing war of words, Congress leader
Siddaramaiah accepted the challenge and announced that he
would undertake a `Padayatra` from Bangalore to Bellary to
expose illegal mining in the state.
Siddaramaiah later led a 320 km padayatra and the
Congress held a massive rally in Bellary in August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Ireland and France urge quick 'Brexit' from European Union
- Mehbooba Mufti meets families affected by Kashmir violence
- Thousands bid emotional farewell as hockey legend Mohammed Shahid laid to rest
- Kudankulam unit 2 physical start-up process begun: Sources
- Derecognise AAP in wake of its activist's suicide: BJP