K`taka to co-operate with CBI probe into illegal mining
Bellary: Karnataka government would "fully cooperate" with the CBI probe into the illegal extraction of 50.7 lakh metric tonnes of iron ore in 17 months from the state`s forests, Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar Sunday said.
"We will fully co-operate with the CBI in conducting the probe into the Belekeri iron ore scam," Shettar told reporters here, two days after the Supreme Court ordered a probe by the investigating agency into the illegal extraction of iron ore.
Shettar said government would take stringent action against the officials who were indicted in the Lokayukta report submitted by former Lokayukta Santosh Hegde in connection with the illegal mining.
Besides ordering a CBI probe on September 7, the apex court also sought to know from the state government how its agencies were unaware of the illicit mining on a massive scale going on in the state.
On the drought situation, Shettar said they had appealed to the Centre to ensure that nationalised banks waive farmer`s loans to the extent of Rs 3,600 crore in view of the severe drought faced by the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL