K’taka: Woman charges dentist husband with forcing her to drink urine
Bangalore: Close on the heels of a Class V school girl being made to drink her urine as punishment for bedwetting in West Bengal, a woman here has accused her dentist husband of a similar charge and also sexually abusing her for dowry.
The 26-year-old woman lodged a complaint, alleging that her Udupi-based dentist husband was harassing her for dowry by sexually abusing her and forcing her to drink her own urine, police said.
The couple got married about 11 months back, but the woman is now living separately with her brother, they said, adding that the accused has been arrested on July 12 and is being questioned, they said.
Uma Poddar, a warden of Karabi girls` hostel under Visva-Bharati University in West Bengal, was arrested by police and later suspended by the varsity for compelling a ten-year-old girl student to drink her own urine as a punishment for bed-wetting on July 8. However, the warden was granted bail the next day.
The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights had slapped a notice on the West Bengal government, asking it to probe the matter and submit a report in 10 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!