‘Ktk to have polls this year after BSY starts party`
Bangalore: Opposition Leader in the Karnataka
Assembly Siddaramaiah on Monday said the state may hold an early
assembly election "any time this year" as he claimed former
Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa was poised to float a new
"Yeddyurappa forming a new political outfit is imminent
which will prompt the state to go for an early assembly
election any time this year," he told reporters here.
The statewide tour across Karnataka by Yeddyurappa is not
to strengthen the BJP, but to "blackmail" the party`s central
leadership and pressurising them to reinstate him as chief
minister, Siddaramaiah said.
"Yeddyurappa is blackmailing the BJP central leadership by
taking up statewide tour. He wants himself to be reinstated as
chief minister. The tour is nothing to do with the
strengthening of BJP," he said.
There is no future for BJP in the state as it was "totally
a divided house," Siddaramaiah said.
The differences in the Congress, however, had been sorted
out, he said. "There were some differences earlier, but it has
been resolved after holding talks with some disgruntled
Congress MLAs like B C Patil," Siddaramaiah said.
Siddaramaiah also dismissed reports of a changing of guard
in the state leadership. There had been reports in a section
of the press that G Parameshwar would be replaced as Karnataka
Pradesh Congress Committee President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam