Kumaraswamy accepts Yeddyurappa challenge
Bangalore: JDS leader HD Kumaraswamy on Saturday said he has accepted the challenge of Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa to testify before the Dharmasthala presiding deity, Lord Manjunatheshwara, on Yeddyurappa`s "attempts to buy peace" with him.
"I have accepted the Chief Minister`s challenge. I am ready to be present at Dharmasthala tomorrow between 11.30 am to 12 noon to swear before God that Yeddyurappa tried to influence me through his aide", Kumaraswamy told reporters.
Irked by contents of an advertisement inserted in major dailies, allegedly by Yeddyurappa, today attacking him and his family on various issues, Kumaraswamy, refuting the charges, said "the advertisements speaks for itself of the misuse of public money by Yeddyurappa”.
"Yeddyurappa is a coward Chief Minister. It is he who is engaged in hit and run politics and not me. I have been releasing documents after documents on the corruption involved in by Yeddyurappa and his family. Yeddyurappa has failed to respond to the charges", Kumaraswamy said.
He alleged pressure was being exerted on him by Yeddyurappa for the last about six months to "buy peace" and to stop him from further "exposing any corrupt deeds".
"Chief Minister`s close aide Lehar Singh has spoken to me. I have call records," Kumaraswamy claimed.
After Kumaraswamy had alleged two days ago that the Chief Minister had made efforts to meet him, Yeddyurappa, undergoing treatment in an ayurveda clinic in Kerala, rebutted the charges and lambasted the JDS leader for "misleading people”.
Kumaraswamy said there was no change in his plan to release another "set of documents" over "certain irregularities indulged in by Yeddyurappa" in Delhi on June 22.
"Yeddyurappa has the habit of taking vows before god and seers only to renege on them later," the JDS leader claimed.
"He took an oath in the name of god that he would not seek a ticket for his son to contest the Shimoga Lok Sabha seat, but managed to get it. Yeddyurappa went before Nanujundeshwara temple (Mysore), repented for his misdeeds, vowed not to repeat, but continued later", Kumaraswamy said.
Kumaraswamy had alleged that Yeddyurappa planned to meet him at an ayurvedic spa in Kottaikkal, where he had registered for body rejuvenation treatment from June 12, seeking a rapprochement with him. However on learning about Yeddyurappa`s plans he called off the visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur