Kumaraswamy anticipatory bail plea adjourned
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday, adjourned to tomorrow petitions filed by former Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy and his MLA-wife Anita, seeking anticipatory bail in connection with the summons issued against them by Special Lokayukta court in two alleged corruption cases.
Judge L Narayana Swamy issued notice to Lokayukta police on the petitions.
"I can`t pass any order without hearing the prosecution", the Judge responded as the counsel for the couple submitted that there is a likelihood of Kumaraswamy, a Lok Sabha member and JDS state unit President, being issued arrest warrant, when
he appears before the Special Lokayukta Court tomorrow.
"I will hear this (the petitions) at 10.30 tomorrow morning," the Judge said.
A private complaint had accused Kumaraswamy of corruption charges in bulk allotment to a housing society and granting permission to a mining company during his tenure as Chief Minister. The Special Lokayukta Court had last week refused to
grant the couple anticipatory bail.
The Special Lokayukta Court Judge N K Sudhindra Rao yesterday, ordered that the couple must be present during the next hearing tomorrow. They had given exemption from personal appearance during the last hearing on August 30 on health grounds.
The couple skipped the court again yesterday with their counsel citing the same reasons, and the Judge again granted the exemption petition but said, they must be appear tomorrow without fail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand