Kumaraswamy is JD(S)` CM candidate: Sindhya
Bangalore: Janata Dal (Secular) on Tuesday
declared that its state unit President HD Kumaraswamy would
be its chief ministerial candidate in the event of the party
coming to power in next year`s Assembly elections.
"There is no vacancy for the post of Chief Minister in
JD(S). Kumaraswamy is the party nominee for the post. It is a
unanimous decision of the party and not by Deve Gowda," State
unit Working President PGR Sindhya declared at a press
conference here, apparently hitting back at Congress leader
Siddaramaiah, who had ridiculed the affairs of JD(S).
Siddaramaiah, an estwhile leader of JD(S), last week had
challenged JD(S) supreme H D Deve Gowda to declare senior
leaders like Sindhya as chief ministerial candidates.
He had also stated that Deve Gowda was working hard to
make his son Kumaraswamy the Chief Minister.
"Kumaraswamy is the most popular leader irrespective of
the region or caste. Kumaraswamy has the support of people,"
Sindhya said and also declared in the same breath, "I am not a
chief ministerial post aspirant".
Sindhya rejected a claim by the Congress leader that he
was one of those responsible in making Deve Gowda the Chief
Minister of the state and also the Prime Minister.
"Deve Gowda and a few other leaders made their best
efforts to make Siddaramaiah the Chief Minister in 2004 when
JD(S) joined hands with Congress to form the coalition
government in the state, but Congress leadership rejected the
proposal," he said.
Kumaraswamy, who joined Sindhya in the press conference
later, announced that the Yuva Janata Dal, led by Madhu
Bangarappa, will organise a `Yuvachenta` rally from tomorrow
for three days in the north Karnataka districts of Bidar,
Gubarga, Raichur, Koppal and Bellary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional