Kumaraswamy seeks stay on cognisance of pvt complaint
Bangalore: Former Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy on Wednesday filed an application before the Lokayukta Court seeking stay of the cognisance by the court of a private complaint against him and his family members, accusing them of amassing illegal wealth to the tune of Rs 167 crore.
Complainant Rayasandra Ravikumar, a former BJP activist and now associated with Karnataka Janata Party (KJP), had named Kumaraswamy`s son Nikhil, his brother H D Ramesh and 11 others in his complaint filed last month.
Senior counsel representing Kumaraswamy, Hazmath Pasha filed an application under section 210 CrPC submitting that a similar complaint (a copy of which was submitted to the court) was filed by an advocate directly before the Lokayukta in 2011 and investigation was pending in the matter.
At this, when Judge N K Sudhindra Rao questioned the counsel for the complainant Vishnu Hegde as to whether he knew of the complaint, he replied in the negative and said he would go through the records and find out the details.
The court then adjourned further hearing of the matter to January 9, asking Hegde to present in a tabular form the amount of money that had gone into the accounts of the 14 accused including individuals and firms.
The complainant alleged that the wealth amassed during 2006-07 when Kumaraswamy was the Chief Minister of the state, has been invested in B S K Trading Company and other firms owned by Kumaraswamy family members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates