Kumaraswamy slams CM for rejecting CBI probe
Bangalore: JDS leader H D Kumaraswamy on Monday
flayed Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa`s rejection of his
demand for a CBI probe into the ruling BJP`s charge that he
and his family had amassed illegal wealth of Rs 1,500 crore.
Kumaraswamy, who had yesterday called off his two-day old
indefinite fast which he had launched on Saturday, demanding a
CBI probe, insisted that the government order an investigation
by the central agency.
"The sum and substance of your letter is very alarming. In
democracy and parliamentary administration, politicians should
ultimately remain committed to their statements and the
advertisements they publish", he said.
Kumaraswamy was referring to a letter written by
Yeddyurappa, delivered to him by a three-member ministerial
team at the fast venue, asking him to give up the stir.
He said making allegations for the sake of politics and
later escaping from them does not bring any grace to any
Agitated over the booklet released by BJP two weeks ago,
alleging that former Prime Minister HD Deve Gowda and his
family, including him, had amassed illegal wealth to the
extent of Rs 1500 crore, Kumaraswamy had announced his fast.
He withdrew the fast, saying he was doing so bowing to the
wishes of his party and its workers.
"I deny all charges published in the handbook brought out
by your party and still demand that there should be an
investigation", Kumaraswamy said.
In a continued attack on Yeddyurappa, Kumaraswamy said
"All my charges I made against you are supplemented with
documentary evidence. I am not an escapist. I expect a
similar commitment from your side".
However, he thanked Yeddyurappa and his ministerial team of
R Ashoka, BN Bacchegowda and V Somanna for the concern
expressed over his health condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof