Kumaraswamy threatens to stage dharna Friday
Bangalore: JD(S) leader and former chief minister HD Kumaraswamy on Friday alleged that the Urban Development department had not responded to his query under the RTI act on payment to a housing society and threatened that he would go on a dharna tomorrow.
Kumaraswamy, who has drawn the ire of the ruling BJP
for releasing documents on alleged land scams involving Chief
Minister BS Yeddyurappa and his family members, said he was
trying to get replies to a query from the Department for the
past one month.
"I have been asking for information regarding payment
of Rs 400 crore to the DLF Housing Society. The Urban
Development Principal Secretary is also not responding to my
phone calls for the document since a month... I will wait till
this afternoon. If I do not get it, I will stage dharna
tomorrow in front of his office," he told a press meet here.
Kumaraswamy, who had led the JD(S)-BJP coalition
government, took a dig a Yeddyurappa for his announcement to
earmark Rs five crore in the budget to reward those providing
information on "benami" lands owned by politicians around
Bangalore city. "Yeddyurappa family will be the first victims,
because it is they who own benami lands", he said.
"The BJP leaders are shameless supporting the misdeeds
of Yeddyurappa government," Kumaraswamy said.
He appealed to Lokayukta Santosh Hegde to accord top
priority to the petition against him and and his brother
HD Balakrishne Gowda and complete the investigations so that
the people of the state get to know the truth.
Kumaraswamy dismissed as "baseless" allegations made
by an advocate in his complaint that about Rs 167 crore funds
were deposited in the bank accounts of Kumaraswamy`s relatives
after he became chief minister in 2006.
Former prime minister HD Deve Gowda slammed BJP for
the Ekta yatra in Jammu and Kashmir and said "it is only to
divide the nation and not to unite".
"Are Advani, Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley the only
ones who unite the nation?, he asked.
JD(S) sources said the party`s minority wing is
organising a protest in the city against Yeddyurappa on
January 29, on the eve of a Congress rally demanding the chief
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates