Kumaraswamy threatens to stage dharna Friday
Bangalore: JD(S) leader and former chief minister HD Kumaraswamy on Friday alleged that the Urban Development department had not responded to his query under the RTI act on payment to a housing society and threatened that he would go on a dharna tomorrow.
Kumaraswamy, who has drawn the ire of the ruling BJP
for releasing documents on alleged land scams involving Chief
Minister BS Yeddyurappa and his family members, said he was
trying to get replies to a query from the Department for the
past one month.
"I have been asking for information regarding payment
of Rs 400 crore to the DLF Housing Society. The Urban
Development Principal Secretary is also not responding to my
phone calls for the document since a month... I will wait till
this afternoon. If I do not get it, I will stage dharna
tomorrow in front of his office," he told a press meet here.
Kumaraswamy, who had led the JD(S)-BJP coalition
government, took a dig a Yeddyurappa for his announcement to
earmark Rs five crore in the budget to reward those providing
information on "benami" lands owned by politicians around
Bangalore city. "Yeddyurappa family will be the first victims,
because it is they who own benami lands", he said.
"The BJP leaders are shameless supporting the misdeeds
of Yeddyurappa government," Kumaraswamy said.
He appealed to Lokayukta Santosh Hegde to accord top
priority to the petition against him and and his brother
HD Balakrishne Gowda and complete the investigations so that
the people of the state get to know the truth.
Kumaraswamy dismissed as "baseless" allegations made
by an advocate in his complaint that about Rs 167 crore funds
were deposited in the bank accounts of Kumaraswamy`s relatives
after he became chief minister in 2006.
Former prime minister HD Deve Gowda slammed BJP for
the Ekta yatra in Jammu and Kashmir and said "it is only to
divide the nation and not to unite".
"Are Advani, Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley the only
ones who unite the nation?, he asked.
JD(S) sources said the party`s minority wing is
organising a protest in the city against Yeddyurappa on
January 29, on the eve of a Congress rally demanding the chief
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says