Kumaraswamy to file defamation suit against BJP
Bangalore: JDS leader H D Kumaraswamy on Tuesday said he would soon file a defamation suit against Karnataka unit BJP, Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa and others over the booklet published by the saffron party accusing him and his family of amassing Rs 1500 crore illegal assets.
Advocates have suggested to him that it was a fit case for a criminal defamation suit as the BJP has made baseless allegations, he told reporters here.
Defamation cases would be filed against state unit BJP President K S Eswarappa, BJP Spokesperson Nirmala Seetharaman, who released the booklet, which was termed as "charge sheet", besides printer and publisher Rastrothana Parishat, he said.
Kumaraswamy, who called off his indefinite fast, demanding CBI probe into the allegations, after staging it for about thirty hours from July nine, said he had ended the stir to
prevent untoward incidents, attempts by his party men to commit suicide and also pleas by senior leaders and his parents.
Kumaraswamy said as he was a diabetic doctors cautioned him against fasting.
He said he would visit Gadag to express support to farmers who have been agitating against acquisition of their land for the proposed Posco steel plant and decide the nature of stir JDS would launch in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'