Kumaraswamy, wife appear before Lokayukta court
Bangalore: Former Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy and his wife Anita on Friday appeared before the Lokayukta court here in response to the summons issued against them in connection with two corruption cases.
Kumaraswamy arrived with his wife following the High Court granting them anticipatory bail.
The husband-wife duo furnished personal bonds of Rs 50,000 each and a surety before Lokyukta special court Judge NK Sudhindra Rao.
The court then adjourned the case to September 24.
Earlier, senior counsel for Kumaraswamy and his wife filed a memo along with a copy of the yesterday`s high court order in which they were ordered to be released in the event of arrest on personal bond of Rs 50,000 each and one surety.
The counsel submitted that they had already been granted anticipatory bail and have appeared before the court and were ready to furnish the required personal bonds and surety.
Counsel for third accused Vinod Goel, managing director of Jentakal Mining Company, filed an application seeking exemption from personal appearance on health grounds today, which the court accepted. All the three accused are required to be present on September 24.
Meanwhile, Kumaraswamy and his wife have moved a regular bail plea in the Lokayukta court.
The cases pertain to a private complaint filed by advocate Vinod Kumar, alleging that Kumaraswamy had favoured a mining company during his tenure as chief minister in 2006-
2007 by renewing its licence and also issuance of permits for lifting iron ore.
The complaint also charged Kumarasamy with allowing bulk allotment of sites to a housing society and, as a quid pro quo, it had granted a site to his wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state