Kumaraswamy, wife file anticipatory bail pleas
Bangalore: Former Karnataka chief minister H
D Kumaraswamy and his wife on Tuesday filed anticipatory bail
applications before a Lokayukta court in connection with a
complaint against them for grant of illegal mining licence and
land to a private housing society.
The couple, who on August 8 were issued summons by
Lokayukta judge N K Sudhindhra Rao in connection with the
renewal of mining lease of Jentakkal Mining Company and
allotment of land to Vishwabharathi Housing Cooperative
Society for "personal gains," filed their pleas before the
They were asked to appear before the Lokayukta court
on August 30.
Advocate Vinod Kumar had filed the private complaint,
alleging that Kumaraswamy, the state JDS president, had
recommended grant of mining licence to Jentakkal Mining
company, violating norms.
The complainant alleged a quid-pro-quo where allotment of
land by Kumaraswamy in favour of the housing society during
his tenure as chief minister was followed by a residential
site to his wife in return.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- After Kejriwal's dramatic video message, sacked AAP minister claims his life under threat from Delhi CM
- Ruthlessness and positive the key to success in bowling: Ishant Sharma
- Telangana: suspension of 11 lower court judges revoked
- Aung San Suu Kyi keen to visit India
- Badal acquired land for construction of SYL: Amarinder