Kumaraswamy, wife file anticipatory bail pleas
Bangalore: Former Karnataka chief minister H
D Kumaraswamy and his wife on Tuesday filed anticipatory bail
applications before a Lokayukta court in connection with a
complaint against them for grant of illegal mining licence and
land to a private housing society.
The couple, who on August 8 were issued summons by
Lokayukta judge N K Sudhindhra Rao in connection with the
renewal of mining lease of Jentakkal Mining Company and
allotment of land to Vishwabharathi Housing Cooperative
Society for "personal gains," filed their pleas before the
They were asked to appear before the Lokayukta court
on August 30.
Advocate Vinod Kumar had filed the private complaint,
alleging that Kumaraswamy, the state JDS president, had
recommended grant of mining licence to Jentakkal Mining
company, violating norms.
The complainant alleged a quid-pro-quo where allotment of
land by Kumaraswamy in favour of the housing society during
his tenure as chief minister was followed by a residential
site to his wife in return.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP