Kumaraswamy, wife file anticipatory bail pleas
Bangalore: Former Karnataka chief minister H
D Kumaraswamy and his wife on Tuesday filed anticipatory bail
applications before a Lokayukta court in connection with a
complaint against them for grant of illegal mining licence and
land to a private housing society.
The couple, who on August 8 were issued summons by
Lokayukta judge N K Sudhindhra Rao in connection with the
renewal of mining lease of Jentakkal Mining Company and
allotment of land to Vishwabharathi Housing Cooperative
Society for "personal gains," filed their pleas before the
They were asked to appear before the Lokayukta court
on August 30.
Advocate Vinod Kumar had filed the private complaint,
alleging that Kumaraswamy, the state JDS president, had
recommended grant of mining licence to Jentakkal Mining
company, violating norms.
The complainant alleged a quid-pro-quo where allotment of
land by Kumaraswamy in favour of the housing society during
his tenure as chief minister was followed by a residential
site to his wife in return.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket