Kumaraswamy, wife file anticipatory bail pleas
Bangalore: Former Karnataka chief minister H
D Kumaraswamy and his wife on Tuesday filed anticipatory bail
applications before a Lokayukta court in connection with a
complaint against them for grant of illegal mining licence and
land to a private housing society.
The couple, who on August 8 were issued summons by
Lokayukta judge N K Sudhindhra Rao in connection with the
renewal of mining lease of Jentakkal Mining Company and
allotment of land to Vishwabharathi Housing Cooperative
Society for "personal gains," filed their pleas before the
They were asked to appear before the Lokayukta court
on August 30.
Advocate Vinod Kumar had filed the private complaint,
alleging that Kumaraswamy, the state JDS president, had
recommended grant of mining licence to Jentakkal Mining
company, violating norms.
The complainant alleged a quid-pro-quo where allotment of
land by Kumaraswamy in favour of the housing society during
his tenure as chief minister was followed by a residential
site to his wife in return.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves