Kumaraswamy, wife file anticipatory bail pleas
Bangalore: Former Karnataka chief minister H
D Kumaraswamy and his wife on Tuesday filed anticipatory bail
applications before a Lokayukta court in connection with a
complaint against them for grant of illegal mining licence and
land to a private housing society.
The couple, who on August 8 were issued summons by
Lokayukta judge N K Sudhindhra Rao in connection with the
renewal of mining lease of Jentakkal Mining Company and
allotment of land to Vishwabharathi Housing Cooperative
Society for "personal gains," filed their pleas before the
They were asked to appear before the Lokayukta court
on August 30.
Advocate Vinod Kumar had filed the private complaint,
alleging that Kumaraswamy, the state JDS president, had
recommended grant of mining licence to Jentakkal Mining
company, violating norms.
The complainant alleged a quid-pro-quo where allotment of
land by Kumaraswamy in favour of the housing society during
his tenure as chief minister was followed by a residential
site to his wife in return.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble