Land case: BSY challenges dismissal of his plea
Bangalore: Former Karnataka chief minister B
S Yeddyurappa Wednesday challenged in the high court dismissal of his two petitions seeking quashing of summons issued to him by
a lower court in connection with alleged land scams.
On January 31, Justice Anand Byrareddy had dismissed the
two petitions after hearing arguments of the petitioner and
advocate Sirajin Basha on whose private complaints the
Lokayukta court had issued summons against Yeddyurappa and 14
The Lokayukta court had on August 8, 2011 issued summons
against Yeddyurappa on charges of illegally denotifying
Bangalore Development Authority land in Arkavathy layout,
Devarachikkanahalli and Arekere favouring his family members.
Another complaint against Yeddyurappa relates to
denotification of land in Uttarahalli and Agara villages, on
which also the Lokayukta court had issued summons on August
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 50 seats, BJP in 32; big prestige battle for both parties
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai and Thane, BJP gains lead in Pune, Nagpur, Solapur; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar