Land denotification case: BSY gets anticipatory bail
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Wednesday granted anticipatory bail to former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa in a case relating to alleged irregularities in denotification of government land in 2009.
Justice V Jagannathan granted the relief and directed Yeddyurappa to furnish a surety of Rs two lakh and on the condition that he should not leave the state or the country without the court`s permission.
Yeddyurappa is the co-accused in the case along with Home Minister R Ashok, who today moved the high court seeking anticipatory bail.
The case was registered on a private complaint by RTI activist Vijay Kumar Hiremath filed in the Lokayukta court in last December accusing Ashok of misusing his office and getting two plots denotified in 2009 allegedly violating Bangalore Development Authority rules. Yeddyurappa had passed the order denotifying the land.
Yeddyurappa is facing a spate of cases, most of them relating to alleged irregularities in denotification of government land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?