Land denotification case: NBWs issued against BSY
Bangalore: The Lokayukta court on Monday ordered issue of non-bailable warrants against former Karnataka chief minister B S Yeddyurappa, his family members and a former minister in two illegal land denotification cases.
Lokayukta special court judge N K Sudhindra Rao ordered issue of NBWs against Yeddyurappa, his two sons B Y Raghavendra, B Y Vjayendra, son-in-law Sohan Kumar and former Housing minister Krishnaiah Setty and directed them to appear
without fail on March 24.
The court issued the NBWs after they failed to appear in the last three occasions for the trial that was scheduled to begin last month itself.
It may be recalled that it is in these two cases filed by advocate Sirajin Basha that Yeddyurappa had been summoned and subsequently had surrendered in court last October, facing imminent arrest. However, the other accused in the case were present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Three Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan's Samangan province
- Kamal Haasan still under medical care in hospital
- Kashmir unrest: Policeman injured in Burhan Wani protest dies, death toll rises to 46
- PNB Housing Finance readies Rs 2,500-crore IPO, heads to tier 2, 3 cities
- Guess which state has max urban net subscribers; Maha, Delhi tied in 2nd spot