Land denotification case: NBWs issued against BSY
Bangalore: The Lokayukta court on Monday ordered issue of non-bailable warrants against former Karnataka chief minister B S Yeddyurappa, his family members and a former minister in two illegal land denotification cases.
Lokayukta special court judge N K Sudhindra Rao ordered issue of NBWs against Yeddyurappa, his two sons B Y Raghavendra, B Y Vjayendra, son-in-law Sohan Kumar and former Housing minister Krishnaiah Setty and directed them to appear
without fail on March 24.
The court issued the NBWs after they failed to appear in the last three occasions for the trial that was scheduled to begin last month itself.
It may be recalled that it is in these two cases filed by advocate Sirajin Basha that Yeddyurappa had been summoned and subsequently had surrendered in court last October, facing imminent arrest. However, the other accused in the case were present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday