Land denotification case: NBWs issued against BSY
Bangalore: The Lokayukta court on Monday ordered issue of non-bailable warrants against former Karnataka chief minister B S Yeddyurappa, his family members and a former minister in two illegal land denotification cases.
Lokayukta special court judge N K Sudhindra Rao ordered issue of NBWs against Yeddyurappa, his two sons B Y Raghavendra, B Y Vjayendra, son-in-law Sohan Kumar and former Housing minister Krishnaiah Setty and directed them to appear
without fail on March 24.
The court issued the NBWs after they failed to appear in the last three occasions for the trial that was scheduled to begin last month itself.
It may be recalled that it is in these two cases filed by advocate Sirajin Basha that Yeddyurappa had been summoned and subsequently had surrendered in court last October, facing imminent arrest. However, the other accused in the case were present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown