Land denotification case: NBWs issued against BSY
Bangalore: The Lokayukta court on Monday ordered issue of non-bailable warrants against former Karnataka chief minister B S Yeddyurappa, his family members and a former minister in two illegal land denotification cases.
Lokayukta special court judge N K Sudhindra Rao ordered issue of NBWs against Yeddyurappa, his two sons B Y Raghavendra, B Y Vjayendra, son-in-law Sohan Kumar and former Housing minister Krishnaiah Setty and directed them to appear
without fail on March 24.
The court issued the NBWs after they failed to appear in the last three occasions for the trial that was scheduled to begin last month itself.
It may be recalled that it is in these two cases filed by advocate Sirajin Basha that Yeddyurappa had been summoned and subsequently had surrendered in court last October, facing imminent arrest. However, the other accused in the case were present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured