Land grab: Complaint filed against K’taka BJP MLA
Bangalore: A complaint was filed before the Lokayukta court on Thursday against BJP MLA CT Ravi charging him with "grabbing government land" for pecuniary gain.
Ravi allegedly got the Karnataka Housing Board (KHB) to
allot three civic amenities sites in favour of a
"non-existent" Anjaneya Education Society in Vijayapura,
Chikmagalur, run by his relatives by producing "false
documents" at a sum of Rs 12.09 lakh, whose market value today
is over Rs five crore, the complaint said.
The complainant R Devi Prasad, a City Municipal
Councillor, said though the the society was formed in 1989,
subsequently it became dormant and these sites were
allegedly allotted by KHB in 2006, when Ravi`s wife was its
President and her sister its general secretary.
Prasad also accused Ravi of getting two other residential
sites allotted in his wife`s name in Chikamagalur "using his
position as an MLA, by adopting backdoor methods".
Besides Ravi, ten others, including his family members and
two KHB officials, are listed as accused in the complaint.
The Lokayukta Court posted the complaint to December 17 for
orders on its admissibility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir