Land grab: Complaint filed against K’taka BJP MLA
Bangalore: A complaint was filed before the Lokayukta court on Thursday against BJP MLA CT Ravi charging him with "grabbing government land" for pecuniary gain.
Ravi allegedly got the Karnataka Housing Board (KHB) to
allot three civic amenities sites in favour of a
"non-existent" Anjaneya Education Society in Vijayapura,
Chikmagalur, run by his relatives by producing "false
documents" at a sum of Rs 12.09 lakh, whose market value today
is over Rs five crore, the complaint said.
The complainant R Devi Prasad, a City Municipal
Councillor, said though the the society was formed in 1989,
subsequently it became dormant and these sites were
allegedly allotted by KHB in 2006, when Ravi`s wife was its
President and her sister its general secretary.
Prasad also accused Ravi of getting two other residential
sites allotted in his wife`s name in Chikamagalur "using his
position as an MLA, by adopting backdoor methods".
Besides Ravi, ten others, including his family members and
two KHB officials, are listed as accused in the complaint.
The Lokayukta Court posted the complaint to December 17 for
orders on its admissibility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof