Land grabbing case: Report submitted against MLA
Bangalore: The Loakyukta police on Friday
submitted its final report on the investigation conducted into
the complaint filed against Dasarahalli BJP MLA S Muniraju in
a land grabbing case.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Lokayukta Manjunath
submitted the report before the Lokayukta Court judge NK
Sundhindra Rao, stating that the charges against the MLA had
The Lokayukta police has sought the permission of Assembly
Speaker KG Bopaiah to prosecute Muniraju.
The court then adjourned the case to March 17.
Lokayukta court on November 2 directed the Lokayukta
police to probe the complaint filed by one Puttaswamy charging
Muniraju with illegally transferring 21 guntas (40 guntas is
one acre) out of 1.15 acres owned by his mother-in-law,
"misusing his position" and to file its report on November 19.
The Lokayukta police filed an FIR against Muniraju on
Besides him, S Ranganath (Tahsildar), Suresh (Revenue
Inspector), AM Paremeshwara and Rajanna are the other accused
in the complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi