Land grabbing case: Report submitted against MLA
Bangalore: The Loakyukta police on Friday
submitted its final report on the investigation conducted into
the complaint filed against Dasarahalli BJP MLA S Muniraju in
a land grabbing case.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Lokayukta Manjunath
submitted the report before the Lokayukta Court judge NK
Sundhindra Rao, stating that the charges against the MLA had
The Lokayukta police has sought the permission of Assembly
Speaker KG Bopaiah to prosecute Muniraju.
The court then adjourned the case to March 17.
Lokayukta court on November 2 directed the Lokayukta
police to probe the complaint filed by one Puttaswamy charging
Muniraju with illegally transferring 21 guntas (40 guntas is
one acre) out of 1.15 acres owned by his mother-in-law,
"misusing his position" and to file its report on November 19.
The Lokayukta police filed an FIR against Muniraju on
Besides him, S Ranganath (Tahsildar), Suresh (Revenue
Inspector), AM Paremeshwara and Rajanna are the other accused
in the complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- CIL strike: Government open to discussions, says Power Minister
- Khans of Bollywood hungry to do different roles: Shoojit Sircar
- Government may advance Parliament session to get GST laws approved
- Terrorist Burhan Wani's father stayed at Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's Art of Living ashram for 2 days? Here is why