Land grabbing case: Report submitted against MLA
Bangalore: The Loakyukta police on Friday
submitted its final report on the investigation conducted into
the complaint filed against Dasarahalli BJP MLA S Muniraju in
a land grabbing case.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Lokayukta Manjunath
submitted the report before the Lokayukta Court judge NK
Sundhindra Rao, stating that the charges against the MLA had
The Lokayukta police has sought the permission of Assembly
Speaker KG Bopaiah to prosecute Muniraju.
The court then adjourned the case to March 17.
Lokayukta court on November 2 directed the Lokayukta
police to probe the complaint filed by one Puttaswamy charging
Muniraju with illegally transferring 21 guntas (40 guntas is
one acre) out of 1.15 acres owned by his mother-in-law,
"misusing his position" and to file its report on November 19.
The Lokayukta police filed an FIR against Muniraju on
Besides him, S Ranganath (Tahsildar), Suresh (Revenue
Inspector), AM Paremeshwara and Rajanna are the other accused
in the complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK police say almost 6,200 hate crimes in month after Brexit vote
- Bodies of 14 executed in Libya's Benghazi found: Medical Centre
- MUST WATCH: When Virat Kohli toyed with Aussie attack
- Shocking: Maoist cadre reveals how women are exploited sexually by commanders
- French police ask Nice to destroy CCTV images of attack