Land scam: BSY’s bail plea posted to Jan 17
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Monday
posted to tomorrow the anticipatory bail applications of
former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa and housing minister V
Somanna in connection with an alleged land scam case.
Justice Subhash B Adi posted the matter after hearing the
matter and conclusion of submissions by special public
prosecutor Lokayukta T M Gayatri.
Besides Yeddyurappa and Somanna, the latter`s wife had
also sought relief in the case.
Earlier, the court sought clarifications from complainant
Ravi Krishnareddy on the credibility of his complaint and why
he had chosen a particular instance of land denotification
when such denotifications had also been done by previous
"Why do you say there is a connivance? How do you
substantiate abuse of power by the then chief minister B S
Yeddyurappa," Justice Adi asked.
He also sought to know from the SPP Lokayukta as to how
"this denotification constitutes and offence".
Krishnareddy has alleged that Somanna secured
denotification of 22 guntas (one gunta is about 1,086 sq ft)
of land in Nagadevanahalli in Kengeri Hobli for an educational
institution run by his wife Shailaja in violation of rules
when Yeddyurappa was Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren