Land scam: BSY’s bail plea posted to Jan 17
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Monday
posted to tomorrow the anticipatory bail applications of
former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa and housing minister V
Somanna in connection with an alleged land scam case.
Justice Subhash B Adi posted the matter after hearing the
matter and conclusion of submissions by special public
prosecutor Lokayukta T M Gayatri.
Besides Yeddyurappa and Somanna, the latter`s wife had
also sought relief in the case.
Earlier, the court sought clarifications from complainant
Ravi Krishnareddy on the credibility of his complaint and why
he had chosen a particular instance of land denotification
when such denotifications had also been done by previous
"Why do you say there is a connivance? How do you
substantiate abuse of power by the then chief minister B S
Yeddyurappa," Justice Adi asked.
He also sought to know from the SPP Lokayukta as to how
"this denotification constitutes and offence".
Krishnareddy has alleged that Somanna secured
denotification of 22 guntas (one gunta is about 1,086 sq ft)
of land in Nagadevanahalli in Kengeri Hobli for an educational
institution run by his wife Shailaja in violation of rules
when Yeddyurappa was Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you