Land scam case: Hearing adjourned to Dec 16
Bangalore: Lokayukta court on Monday granted four
weeks time to Lokayukta Police to file its final report on a
private complaint filed against Karnataka Home Minister R
Ashoka alleging irregularities in denotification of governemnt
land and adjourned the hearing to December 16.
Lokayukta Special Court Judge N K Sudhindra Rao rejected
Lokayukta Police plea for six week time to submit its final
report on the investigation ordered into the complaint and
directed the police to complete the exercise by December 16.
RTI activist Jayakumar Hiremath had filed a complaint
accusing Ashoka of being involved in illegal denotification of
government land causing an estimated Rs 50 crore loss to the
In his complaint, Hiremath said the minister had allegedly
denotified a total of 23.12 guntas (a gunta is 1/40 of an
acre) of land belonging to Bangalore Development Authority
when B S Yeddyurappa was the Chief Minister.
Earlier the Lokayukta police submitted a status report on
its investigations into the complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets