Land scam case: Hearing adjourned to Dec 16
Bangalore: Lokayukta court on Monday granted four
weeks time to Lokayukta Police to file its final report on a
private complaint filed against Karnataka Home Minister R
Ashoka alleging irregularities in denotification of governemnt
land and adjourned the hearing to December 16.
Lokayukta Special Court Judge N K Sudhindra Rao rejected
Lokayukta Police plea for six week time to submit its final
report on the investigation ordered into the complaint and
directed the police to complete the exercise by December 16.
RTI activist Jayakumar Hiremath had filed a complaint
accusing Ashoka of being involved in illegal denotification of
government land causing an estimated Rs 50 crore loss to the
In his complaint, Hiremath said the minister had allegedly
denotified a total of 23.12 guntas (a gunta is 1/40 of an
acre) of land belonging to Bangalore Development Authority
when B S Yeddyurappa was the Chief Minister.
Earlier the Lokayukta police submitted a status report on
its investigations into the complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you