Land scam case: Hearing adjourned to Dec 16
Bangalore: Lokayukta court on Monday granted four
weeks time to Lokayukta Police to file its final report on a
private complaint filed against Karnataka Home Minister R
Ashoka alleging irregularities in denotification of governemnt
land and adjourned the hearing to December 16.
Lokayukta Special Court Judge N K Sudhindra Rao rejected
Lokayukta Police plea for six week time to submit its final
report on the investigation ordered into the complaint and
directed the police to complete the exercise by December 16.
RTI activist Jayakumar Hiremath had filed a complaint
accusing Ashoka of being involved in illegal denotification of
government land causing an estimated Rs 50 crore loss to the
In his complaint, Hiremath said the minister had allegedly
denotified a total of 23.12 guntas (a gunta is 1/40 of an
acre) of land belonging to Bangalore Development Authority
when B S Yeddyurappa was the Chief Minister.
Earlier the Lokayukta police submitted a status report on
its investigations into the complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand