Land scam case: Police absolves Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: Lokayukta Police on Wednesday filed a report in the Lokayukta court here absolving former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa and State Housing Minister V Somanna of charges in a case relating to alleged irregularities in denotification of land.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (Lokayukta), Prasanna V Raju filed his `B` report before Judge N K Sundhindra Rao, stating Somanna was neither an MLA nor a minister during the period when the land was denotified and therefore there was no case to proceed against him.
Somanna was absolved of charges of "misusing his position" in the case. Besides Somanna and Yeddyurappa, the other accused in the case, Somanna`s wife and landowner Lingaraju have also been absolved of charges in the case. The court then adjourned the matter to March 29 for further hearing.
Complainant Ravi Krishnareddy, a software engineer, had alleged that Somanna secured denotification of 22 guntas (one gunta is about 1,086 sq ft) of land in Nagadevanahalli in Kengeri Hobli for an educational institution run by his wife,
violating rules when Yeddyurappa was chief minister.
After the Lokayukta court took cognisance of the complaint, all the four moved the High Court for anticipatory bail which was granted on January 17.
Yeddyurappa had ordered for denotification of the land on a request by the erstwhile land owner Lingaraju, it was alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!