Land scam case: Police absolves Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: Lokayukta Police on Wednesday filed a report in the Lokayukta court here absolving former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa and State Housing Minister V Somanna of charges in a case relating to alleged irregularities in denotification of land.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (Lokayukta), Prasanna V Raju filed his `B` report before Judge N K Sundhindra Rao, stating Somanna was neither an MLA nor a minister during the period when the land was denotified and therefore there was no case to proceed against him.
Somanna was absolved of charges of "misusing his position" in the case. Besides Somanna and Yeddyurappa, the other accused in the case, Somanna`s wife and landowner Lingaraju have also been absolved of charges in the case. The court then adjourned the matter to March 29 for further hearing.
Complainant Ravi Krishnareddy, a software engineer, had alleged that Somanna secured denotification of 22 guntas (one gunta is about 1,086 sq ft) of land in Nagadevanahalli in Kengeri Hobli for an educational institution run by his wife,
violating rules when Yeddyurappa was chief minister.
After the Lokayukta court took cognisance of the complaint, all the four moved the High Court for anticipatory bail which was granted on January 17.
Yeddyurappa had ordered for denotification of the land on a request by the erstwhile land owner Lingaraju, it was alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’