Land scam: HC adjourns Yeddy`s appeal to Mar 29
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Friday adjourned to March 29 the hearing of an appeal filed by former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa challenging a single judge`s order dismissing his pleas in land scam cases.
Yeddyurappa had made a plea for quashing the summons issued to him by a lower court in the cases.
A division bench headed by Chief Justice Vikramajit Sen adjourned the petition in view of the ongoing boycott by the advocates.
Yeddyurappa had moved the court challenging the January 31 order of Justice Anand Byrareddy dismissing his two petitions praying for quashing of summons issued by the Lokayukta court in connection with land scams.
The Lokayukta court had issued the summons to Yeddyurappa and 14 others on private complaints filed by advocate Sirajin Basha alleging illegal denotification of Bangalore Development Authority land in Arkavathy Layout, Devarachikkanahalli,
Arekere, Uttarahalli and Agara favouring his family members when he was the chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof