Land scam: HC adjourns Yeddy`s appeal to Mar 29
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Friday adjourned to March 29 the hearing of an appeal filed by former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa challenging a single judge`s order dismissing his pleas in land scam cases.
Yeddyurappa had made a plea for quashing the summons issued to him by a lower court in the cases.
A division bench headed by Chief Justice Vikramajit Sen adjourned the petition in view of the ongoing boycott by the advocates.
Yeddyurappa had moved the court challenging the January 31 order of Justice Anand Byrareddy dismissing his two petitions praying for quashing of summons issued by the Lokayukta court in connection with land scams.
The Lokayukta court had issued the summons to Yeddyurappa and 14 others on private complaints filed by advocate Sirajin Basha alleging illegal denotification of Bangalore Development Authority land in Arkavathy Layout, Devarachikkanahalli,
Arekere, Uttarahalli and Agara favouring his family members when he was the chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Gold price falls by Rs 200 to 1-week low of Rs 31,050 per ten grams
- Dia Mirza 'dissatisfied' with scripts being offered to her
- Earthquake hits Haryana's Mahendragarh; tremors felt in Delhi, NCR
- Microsoft's OneNote tool now available for Mac
- Olympics 2016: Goodbye Rio, over to Tokyo now for 2020 Games