Land scam: HC adjourns Yeddy`s appeal to Mar 29
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Friday adjourned to March 29 the hearing of an appeal filed by former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa challenging a single judge`s order dismissing his pleas in land scam cases.
Yeddyurappa had made a plea for quashing the summons issued to him by a lower court in the cases.
A division bench headed by Chief Justice Vikramajit Sen adjourned the petition in view of the ongoing boycott by the advocates.
Yeddyurappa had moved the court challenging the January 31 order of Justice Anand Byrareddy dismissing his two petitions praying for quashing of summons issued by the Lokayukta court in connection with land scams.
The Lokayukta court had issued the summons to Yeddyurappa and 14 others on private complaints filed by advocate Sirajin Basha alleging illegal denotification of Bangalore Development Authority land in Arkavathy Layout, Devarachikkanahalli,
Arekere, Uttarahalli and Agara favouring his family members when he was the chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what