Land scam: HC to hear BSY bail plea today
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court will on Tuesday hear the anticipatory bail applications of former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa and housing minister V Somanna in connection with an alleged land scam case.
Justice Subhash B Adi yesterday posted the matter for today after hearing the arguments and conclusion of submissions by special public prosecutor Lokayukta TM Gayatri.
Besides Yeddyurappa and Somanna, the latter`s wife had also sought relief in the case. Earlier, the court sought clarifications from complainant Ravi Krishnareddy on the credibility of his complaint and why he had chosen a particular instance of land denotification when such denotifications had also been done by previous governments.
The court will also hear V Somanna`s bail plea in connection with an alleged land scam case. "Why do you say there is connivance? How do you substantiate abuse of power by the then chief minister BS Yeddyurappa," Justice Adi asked.
He also sought to know from the SPP Lokayukta as to how "this denotification constitutes and offence".
Krishna Reddy has alleged that Somanna secured denotification of 22 guntas (one gunta is about 1,086 sq ft) of land in Nagadevanahalli in Kengeri Hobli for an educational institution run by his wife Shailaja in violation of rules when Yeddyurappa was chief minister.
With PTI Inputs
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know