Land scam: HC to hear BSY bail plea today
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court will on Tuesday hear the anticipatory bail applications of former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa and housing minister V Somanna in connection with an alleged land scam case.
Justice Subhash B Adi yesterday posted the matter for today after hearing the arguments and conclusion of submissions by special public prosecutor Lokayukta TM Gayatri.
Besides Yeddyurappa and Somanna, the latter`s wife had also sought relief in the case. Earlier, the court sought clarifications from complainant Ravi Krishnareddy on the credibility of his complaint and why he had chosen a particular instance of land denotification when such denotifications had also been done by previous governments.
The court will also hear V Somanna`s bail plea in connection with an alleged land scam case. "Why do you say there is connivance? How do you substantiate abuse of power by the then chief minister BS Yeddyurappa," Justice Adi asked.
He also sought to know from the SPP Lokayukta as to how "this denotification constitutes and offence".
Krishna Reddy has alleged that Somanna secured denotification of 22 guntas (one gunta is about 1,086 sq ft) of land in Nagadevanahalli in Kengeri Hobli for an educational institution run by his wife Shailaja in violation of rules when Yeddyurappa was chief minister.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16