Land scam: HC to hear BSY bail plea today
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court will on Tuesday hear the anticipatory bail applications of former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa and housing minister V Somanna in connection with an alleged land scam case.
Justice Subhash B Adi yesterday posted the matter for today after hearing the arguments and conclusion of submissions by special public prosecutor Lokayukta TM Gayatri.
Besides Yeddyurappa and Somanna, the latter`s wife had also sought relief in the case. Earlier, the court sought clarifications from complainant Ravi Krishnareddy on the credibility of his complaint and why he had chosen a particular instance of land denotification when such denotifications had also been done by previous governments.
The court will also hear V Somanna`s bail plea in connection with an alleged land scam case. "Why do you say there is connivance? How do you substantiate abuse of power by the then chief minister BS Yeddyurappa," Justice Adi asked.
He also sought to know from the SPP Lokayukta as to how "this denotification constitutes and offence".
Krishna Reddy has alleged that Somanna secured denotification of 22 guntas (one gunta is about 1,086 sq ft) of land in Nagadevanahalli in Kengeri Hobli for an educational institution run by his wife Shailaja in violation of rules when Yeddyurappa was chief minister.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan