Land scam: JD-S decides to boycott judicial probe
Bangalore: JD-S in Karnataka Tuesday said it has
decided to boycott the judicial probe ordered by the BJP
government into land scams as it believed that the exercise
was meant to "give a decent burial" to charges faced by Chief
Minister BS Yeddyurappa.
"No purpose will be served by the judicial probe and it
cannot bring out the truth," JD-S legislature party leader HD
Revanna and party senior leader MC Nanaiah, MLC, told
The government had yesterday appointed retired High Court
judge B Padmaraj to head the probe.
Revanna and Nanaiah demanded that government go in for
JD-S has already filed a complaint on 78 cases of
denotification, including eight involving acts of alleged
nepotism by Yeddyurappa.
The party released another set of documents highlighting
alleged illegal purchase of lands earmarked for roads by a
firm owned by Yeddyurappa`s kin. They had bought the land for
a "meagre" amount of Rs 8 crore, causing Rs 25 crore loss
to Bangalore Development Authority, Revanna charged.
Revanna also alleged that Yeddyurappa denotified five
acres near Banashankari, 16 years after BDA acquired and
formed residential sites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day