Law student gangraped in Bangalore Univ campus
Bangalore: A 21-year-old student of National Law School of India University here was allegedly raped by an eight-member gang inside the adjacent Jnanabharathi campus of Bangalore University, police said Monday.
The second-year student, staying in the university hostel, in her police complaint said the incident took place when she had went out with her boy-friend, who works with an IT firm here, on Saturday night.
When they were walking in the wooded area of the campus, the group of inebriated men attacked them and forcibly took them into deep forest, she alleged in her complaint.
The victim said the gang then demanded money from her boyfriend, who told them that he had kept his wallet in his car. After sending him to bring the wallet along with one of its members, the gang sexually assaulted her.
The victim`s boy-friend sighted a beat constable as he was nearing the car and approached him for help following which the gang member accompanying him fled from the scene. Though he along with police searched for the girl in the area, they could not find her.
Around midnight the boy-fried got a call from the girl saying the gang had dropped her back near the hostel after raping her.
The complainant was sent to a hospital where she was medically examined, police said, adding that the medical result is awaited. The victim is in stable condition.
Meanwhile, Deputy Commissioner of Police Siddaramappa said the gang also took valubles like iPod and mobile phones from the girl and her boyfriend.
"No external injuries were found on the girl", he told a news agency.
"While we are questioning the boy, we are also awaiting for the medical report from the hospital, which will give us a correct picture", Siddaramappa told a news agency here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’