Lawyers strike: Reimbursement Rs 25 lakh announced
Bangalore: The Karnataka Government in Saturday
released Rs 25 lakh as reimbursement of medical expenses of
those injured in the March 2 violence at the City Civil Court
complex premises when some lawyers attacked mediapersons and
The government would reimburse the medical expenses of
lawyers, mediapersons and also policemen injured in the
violence, lathicharge and also pay compensation to vehicles
that were damaged, an official press release said here.
Those affected could file their claims with the Deputy
Commissioner, Bangalore urban District, designated as the
Competent Authority, with adequate evidence and supporting
papers, it said.
Sixty five persons, including 52 police personnel, were
injured when lawyers went on a rampage on March 2, protesting
presence of mediapersons to cover the appearance of former
Minister and mining baron Janardhan Reddy in a mining case in
the city civil court complex.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata