Leadership to be decided by party leaders: Gowda
Tumkur: Feigning ignorance about his
predecessor BS Yeddyurappa convening a meeting of loyalists,
Karnataka Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda on Sunday said the
issue of change of leadership was left to the BJP central
"The issue of change in leadership is left to the central
party leadership to decide and I would present the state
budget on March 21. The copy of it has already gone for
printing," he told reporters when asked about speculation
that Yeddyurappa would be reinstated and present the budget.
After meeting Siddaganga Mutt seer Shivakumar Swamy,
Gowda said he had witnessed many political crisis in the past
and possessed strength to overcome them.
"I am sure I will face the current political crisis
successfully," Gowda, who succeeded Yeddyurappa after he quit
in July last over his indictment in the Lokayukta report on
illegal mining, said.
He, however, feigned ignorance of Yeddyurappa convening a
meeting of his supporters at Bangalore to mount pressure on
the central leadership to reinstate him as the chief minister.
Gowda also said he had the blessings of six crore people
of the state and was giving them "good" governance.
Replying to a question, Gowda said the final decision on
the selection of party candidate for contesting the Rajya
Sabha polls would be taken after talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation