Leadership to be decided by party leaders: Gowda
Tumkur: Feigning ignorance about his
predecessor BS Yeddyurappa convening a meeting of loyalists,
Karnataka Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda on Sunday said the
issue of change of leadership was left to the BJP central
"The issue of change in leadership is left to the central
party leadership to decide and I would present the state
budget on March 21. The copy of it has already gone for
printing," he told reporters when asked about speculation
that Yeddyurappa would be reinstated and present the budget.
After meeting Siddaganga Mutt seer Shivakumar Swamy,
Gowda said he had witnessed many political crisis in the past
and possessed strength to overcome them.
"I am sure I will face the current political crisis
successfully," Gowda, who succeeded Yeddyurappa after he quit
in July last over his indictment in the Lokayukta report on
illegal mining, said.
He, however, feigned ignorance of Yeddyurappa convening a
meeting of his supporters at Bangalore to mount pressure on
the central leadership to reinstate him as the chief minister.
Gowda also said he had the blessings of six crore people
of the state and was giving them "good" governance.
Replying to a question, Gowda said the final decision on
the selection of party candidate for contesting the Rajya
Sabha polls would be taken after talks.
- JDU under fire over Kanhaiya Kumar, Facebook users blast party MLC over Nitish government's 'double standards'
- Zarina Wahab slams false reports of her leaving Aditya Pancholi's house—Details inside!
- Top 50 defaulters of PSBs had exposure of Rs 1.21 lakh cr
- Vyapam scam: Main accused Ramesh Shivhare arrested by CBI, UP STF
- Myntra does a U-turn, to re-launch desktop version from June 1