Left parties to intensify agit against FDI in retail: B Karat
Bangalore: Left parties would intensify their nation-wide agitation against the Government`s move to allow FDI in multi-brand retail, CPI(M) Polit Bureau member Brinda Karat said here Monday.
Speaking at a state-level convention organised by CPI, CPI(M) and Forward Bloc, she said there was a general consensus in the country against the move, with only the Congress and NCP in favour of it.
"Except for Delhi and Harayana Chief Ministers, all the other important States including those run by the Congress are against FDI” she said.
"Our protests are to save the country from the destruction of crores of livelihoods that will happen if FDI in retail is brought into the country.
The UPA government cannot give jobs but is instead snatching jobs by destroying the livelihood of people through the so-called reforms aimed at pleasing the multi-national companies," Karat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you