Left parties to intensify agit against FDI in retail: B Karat
Bangalore: Left parties would intensify their nation-wide agitation against the Government`s move to allow FDI in multi-brand retail, CPI(M) Polit Bureau member Brinda Karat said here Monday.
Speaking at a state-level convention organised by CPI, CPI(M) and Forward Bloc, she said there was a general consensus in the country against the move, with only the Congress and NCP in favour of it.
"Except for Delhi and Harayana Chief Ministers, all the other important States including those run by the Congress are against FDI” she said.
"Our protests are to save the country from the destruction of crores of livelihoods that will happen if FDI in retail is brought into the country.
The UPA government cannot give jobs but is instead snatching jobs by destroying the livelihood of people through the so-called reforms aimed at pleasing the multi-national companies," Karat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September