Let Advani advise Karna CM to dissolve assembly
Bangalore: Opposition Congress on Wednesday demanded
that BJP senior leader L K Advani focus on "corruption" in his
party ruled Karnataka during his three-day Jan Chetana Yatra
in the state,beginning October 30.
"Advani should not have undertaken his yatra in the state
where the BJP government itself is immersed in rampant
corruption. He should talk about corruption in BJP government
in Karnataka", Congress leader in the state assembly
Siddaramaiah told reporters here.
"At least Advani should advise his party government to
dissolve the assembly and seek fresh mandate against the
backdrop of its former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa landing
in jail along with some of his ministerial colleagues", he
Taking a dig at Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda`s
reported statement that he was not embarrassed following the
arrest of his predecessor Yeddyurappa in alleged land scams,
he said BJP had no moral right to continue in office.
He described as "height of arrogance" the reported
statement by Chief Minister that the government cannot call
the assembly session when opposition demanded and wanted to
know if they should not discuss problems faced by people.
"Even though there is a legislation stating that assembly
session be held for 60 days in a calendar year, this year only
22 days sitting has been conducted, he said.
Home Minister R Ashoka, facing allegations of land scam,
should quit on moral grounds to ensure fair probe by Lokayukta
He opposed closure of primary schools citing lack of
student strength and also demanded a `white paper` from the
govenment on quantum of funds it released for drought relief.
The government faced resource crunch and had not purchased
power to ease the energy crisis, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'