LeT militant Nazir, Shafaz brought to Kochi for questioning
Kochi: Karnataka Police on Sunday brought
suspected LeT militant T Nazir and his accomplice Shafaz here
from Kannur for further questioning in connection with the
2008 Bangalore blasts.
The duo were brought to the Police club here amidst tight
security and are likely to be taken to Perumbavoor in
Ernakulam district either tonight or tomorrow, police said.
Nazir, during questioning, had admitted to have sourced
the explosives used during the 2008 blast from Perumbavoor,
they said, adding that Kerala Police has seized the vehicle in
which the explosives were transported to Bangalore.
Earlier, Karnataka Police had questioned the owner of the
shop from where about 200 kg of Ammonium nitrate had been
stolen for the Bangalore blasts.
The two were brought here after two days of questioning
at Kannur and Kozhikode.
Meanwhile, DGP Jacob Punnose held discussions with state
home minister Kodiyeri Balakrishnan at nearby Aluva.
Balakrishnan later told reporters at Aluva that Kerala
Police was providing all support to their Karnataka
counterpart in the investigation.
"We tried to get the accused from the Shillong court on a
production warrant to question the duo in the case relating to
attempt on life of late chief minister E K Nayanar. But by
then the court had handed over the accused to Karnataka," he
The minister said the state government realised the
seriousness of the network of terror groups, including LeT in
Kerala, after four Keralites were killed in an encounter at
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days