Lokayukta acted in partisan manner: Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: Former Karnataka chief
minister BS Yeddyurappa on Monday hit out at the Lokayukta for
the report on illegal mining which led to his resignation four
months ago and asserted that all charges "made against me are
"Lokayukta has levelled charges against me, but has
not taken action against officials who are corrupt and acted
in partisan manner. All charges are baseless and I will fight
it out and prove my innocence," he told his supporters at his
home town Shikaripura.
This was his first visit to the town after his release
on bail on November 8, at the end of 25-day jail stay in
connection with alleged irregularities in denotification of
Yeddyurappa, asked by BJP to demit office, without
mentioning the name of Santosh Hegde, then head of the anti-
corruption watchdog who submitted the report, alleged the
Lokayukta acted in a "partisan" manner.
Directing his anger at some of his detractors in BJP,
whom he termed as "trouble creators", the Lingayat community
strongman cautioned them that they will soon repent for their
"None can destroy BJP and I will not allow it to
happen," he said and added that those who were jealous about
him played their game behind the scene.
He assured his supporters that he would emerge clean
and serve the state by leading his party to a huge majority in
the next elections.
Yeddyurappa, however, said he would not campaign for
the BJP candidate in the November 30 Bellary Rural bypoll
citing his preoccupation in legal battles here and added other
leaders would ensure the party`s victory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far