Lokayukta acted in partisan manner: Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: Former Karnataka chief
minister BS Yeddyurappa on Monday hit out at the Lokayukta for
the report on illegal mining which led to his resignation four
months ago and asserted that all charges "made against me are
"Lokayukta has levelled charges against me, but has
not taken action against officials who are corrupt and acted
in partisan manner. All charges are baseless and I will fight
it out and prove my innocence," he told his supporters at his
home town Shikaripura.
This was his first visit to the town after his release
on bail on November 8, at the end of 25-day jail stay in
connection with alleged irregularities in denotification of
Yeddyurappa, asked by BJP to demit office, without
mentioning the name of Santosh Hegde, then head of the anti-
corruption watchdog who submitted the report, alleged the
Lokayukta acted in a "partisan" manner.
Directing his anger at some of his detractors in BJP,
whom he termed as "trouble creators", the Lingayat community
strongman cautioned them that they will soon repent for their
"None can destroy BJP and I will not allow it to
happen," he said and added that those who were jealous about
him played their game behind the scene.
He assured his supporters that he would emerge clean
and serve the state by leading his party to a huge majority in
the next elections.
Yeddyurappa, however, said he would not campaign for
the BJP candidate in the November 30 Bellary Rural bypoll
citing his preoccupation in legal battles here and added other
leaders would ensure the party`s victory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP