Lokayukta court issues summons to BJP MLA
Bangalore: The Lokayukta Court on Wednesday ordered issue of summons to HS Shankarlingegowda, the BJP MLA representing Chamaraja Constituency in Mysore, in connection with a private complaint filed against him alleging he had amassed wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Judge NK Sudhindra Rao directed the accused to appear before the court on December 28.
On November 16, the court had taken cognisance of the complaint filed against Shankarlingegowda by Mysore-based social activist Kumar H pertaining to alleged "misuse of power" and amassing of assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Kumar in his complaint filed on November 09, charged that the MLA had been allotted a site by Mysore Urban Development Authority (MUDA) in 1973.
The complainant alleged that concealing this fact, the MLA filed an affidavit and application before the Bangalore Development Authority (BDA) stating that he did not own or possess or was allotted any site by any government authority or society and was in need of a site in Bangalore as he was residing in a rented house here for the past 15 years and sought an allotment under "G" (discretionary quota) category.
In the affidavit, Shankarlingegowda stated that he would not be selling the site for a period of 10 years and would commence construction within three months from the date of allotment, the complainant alleged.
Kumar charged that in violation of rule 14 of BDA Rules 1969, the MLA sold the 50x80 ft site in H S R Layout which was allotted to him on July 18, 2003, just within three months, on Octpber 01, 2003 for Rs 16 lakh as against the principal amount of Rs 8.62 lakh paid by him.
Kumar alleged that Shankarlingegowda did not declare the said income before the designated authority.
He had sought probe under 13(1)(d) of the Prevention of Corruption (PC) Act and under sections 409,420,120,463,340 and 466 of the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars