Lokayukta court issues summons to Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: The Lokayukta Court on Saturday issued
summons to former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa and five
others to appear before it on March 3 for their alleged
involvement in an illegal land denotification case.
Besides Yeddyurappa, Lokayukta Judge NK Sudhindra Rao also
issued summons to Yeddyurappa`s sons BY Raghavendra, BY
Vijayendra, his son-in-law RN Sohan Kumar, former minister
Krishnaiah Setty and directors of Dhavalagiri Properties
They are the main accused in the case which pertains to
illegal denotification of government land in Rachenahalli and
amalgamation of a public road on the outer ring road belonging
to Vyyalikaval House Building Cooperative Society for
pecuniary gain, causing loss to the state exchequer.
The Lokayukta judge also directed Yeddyurappa`s sons and
son-in-law to not only appear in court in their personal
capacity but also as directors of Dhavalagiri Properties
The Lokayukta Police had submitted its inquiry report in
October, 2011, on a private complaint by advocate Sirajin
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble