Lokayukta court issues summons to Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: The Lokayukta Court on Saturday issued
summons to former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa and five
others to appear before it on March 3 for their alleged
involvement in an illegal land denotification case.
Besides Yeddyurappa, Lokayukta Judge NK Sudhindra Rao also
issued summons to Yeddyurappa`s sons BY Raghavendra, BY
Vijayendra, his son-in-law RN Sohan Kumar, former minister
Krishnaiah Setty and directors of Dhavalagiri Properties
They are the main accused in the case which pertains to
illegal denotification of government land in Rachenahalli and
amalgamation of a public road on the outer ring road belonging
to Vyyalikaval House Building Cooperative Society for
pecuniary gain, causing loss to the state exchequer.
The Lokayukta judge also directed Yeddyurappa`s sons and
son-in-law to not only appear in court in their personal
capacity but also as directors of Dhavalagiri Properties
The Lokayukta Police had submitted its inquiry report in
October, 2011, on a private complaint by advocate Sirajin
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?