Lokayukta court orders probe against minister
Bangalore: Lokayukta Court on Saturday ordered a
probe against Karnataka Excise Minister M P Renukacharya for
alleged violation of excise rules, prompted by a statement of
an excise department official.
Justice N K Sudhindra Rao directed Lokayukta police to
probe the claims made by Deputy Commissioner of Excise
(Bangalore) Mohan Kumar that 16 bottles of foreign liquor
seized during a recent raid were meant for Renukacharya.
Mohan Kumar made a statement before Justice Rao when his
bail application came up for hearing today.
Declining bail, Justice Rao remanded him to judicial
custody till March 26.
ADGP Lokayukta Satyanarayan told PTI that Lokayukta police
had conducted the raid on March 22 and seized 16 bottles of
foreign liquor besides Rs 25,000.
Satyanarayan said according to Excise rules, an individual
can only only store six litres of liquor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing