Lokayukta court summons BSY, his family members
Bangalore: Lokayukta Court on Thursday issued summons
to former Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa, his family
members and others in an illegal land denotification case.
The summons, directing the accused to be present in the
court on March 16, were issued by Special Lokayukta Court
Justice NK Sudhindra Rao.
Summons were issued to Yeddyurappa, his two sons, BY
Raghavendra and BY Vijayendra, son-in-law Sohan Kumar and
Two other accused, Bharathi Shetty, MLC and Selva Kumar
have been dropped from the case as there was no prima facie
evidence against them.
Taking a cognisance of the case filed by advocate Sirajin
Basha (the fourth case out of the total five cases filed by
him) the court observed that there was prima facie evidence to
proceed against Yeddyurappa and his family members. The case
pertains to illegal denotifcation of government land in
Hebbal, Sreerampura and allotment of site in RMC-II stage.
This is the third corruption case (out of the five) in
which Yeddyurappa has been issued summons.
In August last he was issued summons in two such corruption
case resulting in his arrest during October. Yeddyurappa spent
24 days in Judicial custody and secured bail from High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!