Lokayukta court summons Yeddy, Kumaraswamy
Bangalore: Former chief minister BS
Yeddyurappa faced fresh trouble on Monday with the Special
Lokayukta court issuing summons to him on a private complaint
alleging that 5.41 acres of land was denotified for the
benefit of his family members.
Yeddyurappa and 14 others have been directed to appear on
August 27 by Judge Sudhindra Rao on the complaint by advocate
Basha has alleged that Yeddyurappa denotified 2.5 acres
in Arakere village, 1.7 acres in Devarachikkanahalli in
Bangalore South taluk and 1.21 acres in Gedalahalli village in
Bangalore East taluk violating rules.
The Lokayukta also issued to summons to former chief
minister H D Kumaraswamy and two others on a complaint
alleging illegal grant of mining licence and land to a private
housing society. He has been asked to appear before the court
on August 30.
Basha and another advocate K N Balaraj had filed
complaints against Yeddyurappa with the court after Governor H
R Bhardwaj accorded sanction for hisprosecution when he was
the chief minister.
Yeddyurappa resigned as chief minister after the
Lokayukta report indicted him on illegal mining.
Cases will be registered under various sections of the
Prevention of Corruption Act, IPC and Karnataka Land
Restriction and Transfer Act.
The judge said he has taken cognisance of the offences
made out against the accused under these sections.
Summons have also been issued to Anita, wife of
Kumaraswamy and Jantakkal Enterprises, a mining firm, which
Kumaraswamy has been accused of favouring.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fishermen killing case: Accused Italian marine Salvatore Girone returns home from India
- Pakistan may seek India's help in curbing terror: Rajnath Singh
- Leander Paes-Martina Hingis pair enters 2016 French Open mixed-doubles quarters
- Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016: BSEB 10th Result 2016, Bihar Class 10th Result 2016 to be declared today on May 29; check biharboard.bih.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi plays traditional Khasi drum in Meghalaya