Lokayukta police absolve BJP MLA of charge
Bangalore: In a relief to BJP MLA C T Ravi,
Lokayukta police today filed a report in the Lokayukta special
court, absolving him of charges of abuse of official power,but
recommended cancellation of sites allotted to his wife in
alleged violation of rules.
They also gave a clean chit to Lakshminarayana, former
Commissioner of Karnataka Housing Board (KHB) and seven others
named in the private complaint, citing lack of evidence.
Police decided to write to KHB to cancel the Civic Amenity
site registered in the name of Ravi`s wife Pallavi and two
residential sites allotted to her for `violation of rules.`
R Deviprasad of Chikmagalur had filed a private
complaint against Ravi, Pallavi and others for secuirng
allotment of CA sites and residential sites violating rules.
Lakshminarayan, now the secretary to the Chief Minister,
was also named one of the accused.
Lokayukta polie who investigated it under directions of
Lokayukta Special Court today filed a detailed report on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...