Lokayukta police file FIR against Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: Spelling fresh trouble for former
Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa, Lokayukta police
on Saturday filed an FIR against him, Housing Minister V Somanna and
two others, alleging irregularities in denotification of land.
"An FIR has been filed against Yeddyurappa and Somanna,
mainly under the provisions of the Prevention of Corruption
Act and also for misappropriation, breach of criminal trust
and forging documents," city Lokayukta Superintendent of
Police Shivashankar said.
The FIR was filed following Lokayukta Court Judge NK
Sudhindra Rao`s directve to Lokayukta SP (Bangalore Urban) to
conduct a probe under relevant sections of the CrPC and submit
his report on December 26.
The complainant, Ravi Krishnareddy, a software engineer,
alleged Yeddyurappa denotified 22 guntas (one gunta is about
1086 square feet) of land in Nagadevanahalli here in 2009 to
an education trust owned by Somanna`s wife in violation of
The land had already been acquired by Bangalore
Development Authority in 1998, he submitted, adding a
building constructed by the trust on it is "illegal" as it had
not been accorded permission.
Shailaja and Lingaraju, the erstwhile land owner, are the
two other persons named in the complaint.
Yeddyurappa, who has been facing five complaints, has
secured bail in two, paving the way for his release from jail
on Nov 8 after a 25 day long stay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price