Lokayukta police file FIR against Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: Spelling fresh trouble for former
Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa, Lokayukta police
on Saturday filed an FIR against him, Housing Minister V Somanna and
two others, alleging irregularities in denotification of land.
"An FIR has been filed against Yeddyurappa and Somanna,
mainly under the provisions of the Prevention of Corruption
Act and also for misappropriation, breach of criminal trust
and forging documents," city Lokayukta Superintendent of
Police Shivashankar said.
The FIR was filed following Lokayukta Court Judge NK
Sudhindra Rao`s directve to Lokayukta SP (Bangalore Urban) to
conduct a probe under relevant sections of the CrPC and submit
his report on December 26.
The complainant, Ravi Krishnareddy, a software engineer,
alleged Yeddyurappa denotified 22 guntas (one gunta is about
1086 square feet) of land in Nagadevanahalli here in 2009 to
an education trust owned by Somanna`s wife in violation of
The land had already been acquired by Bangalore
Development Authority in 1998, he submitted, adding a
building constructed by the trust on it is "illegal" as it had
not been accorded permission.
Shailaja and Lingaraju, the erstwhile land owner, are the
two other persons named in the complaint.
Yeddyurappa, who has been facing five complaints, has
secured bail in two, paving the way for his release from jail
on Nov 8 after a 25 day long stay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency