Lokayukta police files FIR against Gowda`s son
Bangalore: Lokayukta Police on Friday filed an
FIR against HD Balakrishna Gowda, eldest son of former Prime
Minister HD Deve Gowda, in connection with allegations of
disproportionate assets against him.
Lokayukta ADGP J V Gaonkar stated this to reporters here.
S N Balakrishna, retired assistant manager of
Visveswarayya Iron and Steel in his September 22 complaint,
had charged Balakrishna Gowda with possessing wealth worth Rs
70 crore, disproportionate to his known sources of income at
the time of his retirement from government service and
currently valued at Rs 500 crore.
He had sought a direction to take action against
Balakrishna Gowda under provisions of the Prevention of
Earlier, Lokayukta Special Court Judge N K Sudhindra Rao
had directed Lokayukta police to investigate the complaint and
file a report by October 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Beat that! Egyptian women are world leaders in assaulting husbands
- Mamata condoles Mahasweta Devi's passing
- Pope Francis falls in Poland, escapes injury
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro with dual rear cameras, OLED display, 128GB memory launched
- UNBELIEVABLE BUT TRUE: In this Pakistani town, guns are cheaper than smartphones!