Lokayukta police files FIR against Gowda`s son
Bangalore: Lokayukta Police on Friday filed an
FIR against HD Balakrishna Gowda, eldest son of former Prime
Minister HD Deve Gowda, in connection with allegations of
disproportionate assets against him.
Lokayukta ADGP J V Gaonkar stated this to reporters here.
S N Balakrishna, retired assistant manager of
Visveswarayya Iron and Steel in his September 22 complaint,
had charged Balakrishna Gowda with possessing wealth worth Rs
70 crore, disproportionate to his known sources of income at
the time of his retirement from government service and
currently valued at Rs 500 crore.
He had sought a direction to take action against
Balakrishna Gowda under provisions of the Prevention of
Earlier, Lokayukta Special Court Judge N K Sudhindra Rao
had directed Lokayukta police to investigate the complaint and
file a report by October 10.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India