Lokayukta police files FIR against Gowda`s son
Bangalore: Lokayukta Police on Friday filed an
FIR against HD Balakrishna Gowda, eldest son of former Prime
Minister HD Deve Gowda, in connection with allegations of
disproportionate assets against him.
Lokayukta ADGP J V Gaonkar stated this to reporters here.
S N Balakrishna, retired assistant manager of
Visveswarayya Iron and Steel in his September 22 complaint,
had charged Balakrishna Gowda with possessing wealth worth Rs
70 crore, disproportionate to his known sources of income at
the time of his retirement from government service and
currently valued at Rs 500 crore.
He had sought a direction to take action against
Balakrishna Gowda under provisions of the Prevention of
Earlier, Lokayukta Special Court Judge N K Sudhindra Rao
had directed Lokayukta police to investigate the complaint and
file a report by October 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites