Lokayukta police files FIR against Kumaraswamy
Bangalore: An FIR has been registered against former chief minister and JDS leader H D Kumaraswamy by the Lokayukta police in connection with alleged illegal land denotification by him.
The FIR was registered yesterday following the July 4 directive by Lokayukta Court judge N K Sudhindra Rao to investigate a private complaint against Kumaraswamy.
In his complaint, Mahadevaswamy, a BJP worker, had charged Kumaraswamy with illegally denotifying about 2.24 acres here for "pecuniary gain causing loss of about Rs 55-60 crore to the state exchequer".
Apart from Kumaraswamy, eighteen others, who are close associates of the JDS leader, have also been named as accused in the complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview