Lokayukta police raids Khanapur MLA`s premises
Bangalore: Lokayukta police conducted raids on the premises belonging to Khanapur MLA Prahalad Kalappa Remani and his family members.
The raids were conducted simultaneously in Khanapur taluk and Bangalore city following a Belgaum court directive to investigate a complaint filed by Jayanth Tinaikar, who had claimed that Remani, his wife, daughter and son had amassed disproportionate wealth, Lokayukta sources said.
On January 18, the district and sessions judge court had ordered Belgaum Lokayukta SP to investigate into the complaint filed by Tinaikar.
Documents relating to various properties have been seized and the authorities were perusing bank accounts and lockers, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes