Lokayukta police raids Khanapur MLA`s premises
Bangalore: Lokayukta police conducted raids on the premises belonging to Khanapur MLA Prahalad Kalappa Remani and his family members.
The raids were conducted simultaneously in Khanapur taluk and Bangalore city following a Belgaum court directive to investigate a complaint filed by Jayanth Tinaikar, who had claimed that Remani, his wife, daughter and son had amassed disproportionate wealth, Lokayukta sources said.
On January 18, the district and sessions judge court had ordered Belgaum Lokayukta SP to investigate into the complaint filed by Tinaikar.
Documents relating to various properties have been seized and the authorities were perusing bank accounts and lockers, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview