Lokayukta police raids Khanapur MLA`s premises
Bangalore: Lokayukta police conducted raids on the premises belonging to Khanapur MLA Prahalad Kalappa Remani and his family members.
The raids were conducted simultaneously in Khanapur taluk and Bangalore city following a Belgaum court directive to investigate a complaint filed by Jayanth Tinaikar, who had claimed that Remani, his wife, daughter and son had amassed disproportionate wealth, Lokayukta sources said.
On January 18, the district and sessions judge court had ordered Belgaum Lokayukta SP to investigate into the complaint filed by Tinaikar.
Documents relating to various properties have been seized and the authorities were perusing bank accounts and lockers, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test