Lokayukta police recover Rs 1.33 L from check post
Bangalore: Lokayukta police have recovered
Rs 1.33 lakh cash from a checkpost in Chamarajanagar district
and arrested two officials.
The Officer-in-charge of Punajanoor checkpost and a senior
motor vehicle inspector were arrrested as they could not
account for the excess cash found, Lokayukta police said in a
release issued here.
Surprise checks were conducted in 55 Regional Transport
Ofices and Assistant Regional Transport Officers and seven RTO
check posts in the state yesterday and minor discrepancies
were noticed in some offices, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!