Lokayukta police recover Rs 1.33 L from check post
Bangalore: Lokayukta police have recovered
Rs 1.33 lakh cash from a checkpost in Chamarajanagar district
and arrested two officials.
The Officer-in-charge of Punajanoor checkpost and a senior
motor vehicle inspector were arrrested as they could not
account for the excess cash found, Lokayukta police said in a
release issued here.
Surprise checks were conducted in 55 Regional Transport
Ofices and Assistant Regional Transport Officers and seven RTO
check posts in the state yesterday and minor discrepancies
were noticed in some offices, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama