Lokayukta Police registers FIR against K’taka Min
Bangalore: In more embarrassment for the
ruling BJP in Karnataka, Lokayukta Police on Saturday registered an
FIR against Industries Minister Murugesh Nirani in connection
with alleged irregularities in denotification of lands
acquired for industrial purposes.
Eight others, including Nirani`s brother H R Nirani, have
also been named as accused in the FIR registered following a
direction from the Lokayukta court.
The FIR has been registered on a complaint by
industrialist Alam Pasha of the Pasha Space International, who
accused Nirani of denotifying 20 acres near Devanahalli and
100 acres near Dabaspet near Tumkur, Lokayukta Superintendent
of Police Shivakumar told agency.
Pasha in his complaint before the Lokayukta special court
has alleged that Nirani denotified lands acquired by the
Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB) violating
rules, which the minister has rejected.
Nirani is the second minister in the BJP Ministry led by
Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda against whom Lokayukta
police has registered FIR after Home and Transport Minister
R Ashoka, who also faces allegations of securing
denotification of government land for personal gain.
The Lokayukta Police action comes on the eve of BJP
leader LK Advani`s yatra entering the state.
Lokayukta Police filed the FIR against Ashoka, former
Chief minister B S Yeddyurappa and two others on October 21 on
a complaint against them.
Yeddyurappa is already in judicial custody since October
15 following his arrest in two cases relating to
irregularities in denotifying land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog