Lokayukta police submits documents in case against
Bangalore: Lokayukta police on Thursday submitted all documents in connection with the chargesheet filed on a complaint against former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa and Industries Minister Murugesh Nirani accusing them of illegally ordering cancellation of an industrial site on the basis of forged documents.
Lokayukta court Judge N K Sudheendra Rao adjourned the matter to June 8 for further hearing after Lokayukta Superintendent of Police P K Shivashankara, Investigating Officer in the case, submitted the documents.
On May 21, the Lokayukta police had filed a chargesheet against Yeddyurappa and former Industries Minister Katta Subramanya Naidu in the case after a probe was ordered in the private complaint filed by Alam Pasha, an entrepreneur.
The chargesheet against Yeddyurappa and Katta were filed under provisions of the Prevention of Corruption Act.
The chargesheet said Yeddyurappa during his tenure as Chief Minister in 2008 abused his official power and illegally denotified 20 acres acquired by the Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board for setting up a SEZ at Hoovinayankanahalli near Devanahalli.
Prior to denotifying the land, Yeddyurappa had sent the application for denotification of land asking KIADB officials to calculate the amount of development and service charges to be paid by the land owners.
Yeddyurappa caused heavy loss to the state exchequer by denotifying the land by waiving development and service charges amounting to Rs 8.64 crore, the chargesheet said.
The chargesheet, however, did not include Nirani`s name for "paucity of evidence".
Objecting to the chargesheet in which Nirani had not been indicted, the complainant sought a copy of the documents filed by Lokayukta police, submitting that he had enough evidence against the minister which he would produce in court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid