Lokayukta police to chargesheet Dasrarahalli MLA
Bangalore: Lokayukta police on Monday informed the Lokayukta court that a chargesheet would be filed within 15 days against Dasarahalli BJP MLA S Muniraju and two others in a complaint accusing him of claiming ownership of one acre 15 guntas (a gunta is 1/40 th of an acre) at Kereguddadahalli which did not belong to him.
The Investigating Officer in the case,Deputy Superintendent of Police (Lokayukta) Manjunath informed the judge N K Sudhindra Rao that they had obtained sanction to prosecute the MLA from Assembly Speaker K G Bopaiah and would file the chargesheet within 15 days.
The judge then adjourned the case to July 13.
Lokayukta police has already submitted their probe report in the matter.
In his complaint Puttaswamy, a resident of Dasarahalli had alleged that his mother-in-law had been granted 1 acre 15 guntas of land through a government declaration at Kereguddadahalli in the eighties but Muniraju, misusing his power, claimed that the property belonged to him.
The High court had ruled that the land belonged to his mother-in-law and directed the MLA to vacate it.
In his complaint, Puttuswamy contended that despite the High Court order, Muniraju had not vacated the land.
He alleged that the MLA had "misused" his position as an MLA by influencing the Tahsildar and had usurped the land.
Lokayukta police in its report had confirmed the charges against Muniraju and two others accused in the case,Tahsildar Ranganathaiah, and Revenue Inspector Suresh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report