Lokayukta police to chargesheet Dasrarahalli MLA
Bangalore: Lokayukta police on Monday informed the Lokayukta court that a chargesheet would be filed within 15 days against Dasarahalli BJP MLA S Muniraju and two others in a complaint accusing him of claiming ownership of one acre 15 guntas (a gunta is 1/40 th of an acre) at Kereguddadahalli which did not belong to him.
The Investigating Officer in the case,Deputy Superintendent of Police (Lokayukta) Manjunath informed the judge N K Sudhindra Rao that they had obtained sanction to prosecute the MLA from Assembly Speaker K G Bopaiah and would file the chargesheet within 15 days.
The judge then adjourned the case to July 13.
Lokayukta police has already submitted their probe report in the matter.
In his complaint Puttaswamy, a resident of Dasarahalli had alleged that his mother-in-law had been granted 1 acre 15 guntas of land through a government declaration at Kereguddadahalli in the eighties but Muniraju, misusing his power, claimed that the property belonged to him.
The High court had ruled that the land belonged to his mother-in-law and directed the MLA to vacate it.
In his complaint, Puttuswamy contended that despite the High Court order, Muniraju had not vacated the land.
He alleged that the MLA had "misused" his position as an MLA by influencing the Tahsildar and had usurped the land.
Lokayukta police in its report had confirmed the charges against Muniraju and two others accused in the case,Tahsildar Ranganathaiah, and Revenue Inspector Suresh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list