Lokayukta police to chargesheet Dasrarahalli MLA
Bangalore: Lokayukta police on Monday informed the Lokayukta court that a chargesheet would be filed within 15 days against Dasarahalli BJP MLA S Muniraju and two others in a complaint accusing him of claiming ownership of one acre 15 guntas (a gunta is 1/40 th of an acre) at Kereguddadahalli which did not belong to him.
The Investigating Officer in the case,Deputy Superintendent of Police (Lokayukta) Manjunath informed the judge N K Sudhindra Rao that they had obtained sanction to prosecute the MLA from Assembly Speaker K G Bopaiah and would file the chargesheet within 15 days.
The judge then adjourned the case to July 13.
Lokayukta police has already submitted their probe report in the matter.
In his complaint Puttaswamy, a resident of Dasarahalli had alleged that his mother-in-law had been granted 1 acre 15 guntas of land through a government declaration at Kereguddadahalli in the eighties but Muniraju, misusing his power, claimed that the property belonged to him.
The High court had ruled that the land belonged to his mother-in-law and directed the MLA to vacate it.
In his complaint, Puttuswamy contended that despite the High Court order, Muniraju had not vacated the land.
He alleged that the MLA had "misused" his position as an MLA by influencing the Tahsildar and had usurped the land.
Lokayukta police in its report had confirmed the charges against Muniraju and two others accused in the case,Tahsildar Ranganathaiah, and Revenue Inspector Suresh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks