Lokayukta probe against ex-CM Dharam Singh
Bangalore: A Lokayukta court on Monday ordered probe on a complaint against former Karnataka chief minister N Dharam Singh, JDS leader H D Revanna and others in connection with alleged irregularities in denotification of land.
Besides the two leaders, Kavita Balakrishna, wife of H D Balakrishna, who is former Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda`s son, and 10 other landowners have been named in the private complaint. They have been accused of illegal denotification of government land for "pecuniary gain".
Revanna is another son of Gowda.
Judge N K Sudhindra Rao directed Bangalore Urban Superintendent of Police (Lokayukta) to probe the private complaint filed by Ravi Kumar, BJP Yuva Morcha Member Secretary, and submit his report by May 21 this year.
The complainant accused Dharam Singh, now Congress MP, of illegally denotifying 10 acres, 17 guntas (a gunta is 1/40th of an acre) in Uttarahalli, Bangalore North Taluk, allocated for formation of Banashankari 6th stage by Bangalore Development Authority, on October 5, 2005 when he was Chief Minister.
The complainant alleged that of this 10 acres 17 guntas, 2 acres 20 guntas was sold to Kavita for Rs 50 lakh for which the sale deed was executed on December 9, 2005. Kavita in turn sold this to Sobha developers on August 1, 2006 for Rs four crore.
On the same day, the remaining land was also sold to Sobha Developers by the landowners for a whopping sum, the complaint alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi