Lokayukta probe against ex-CM Dharam Singh
Bangalore: A Lokayukta court on Monday ordered probe on a complaint against former Karnataka chief minister N Dharam Singh, JDS leader H D Revanna and others in connection with alleged irregularities in denotification of land.
Besides the two leaders, Kavita Balakrishna, wife of H D Balakrishna, who is former Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda`s son, and 10 other landowners have been named in the private complaint. They have been accused of illegal denotification of government land for "pecuniary gain".
Revanna is another son of Gowda.
Judge N K Sudhindra Rao directed Bangalore Urban Superintendent of Police (Lokayukta) to probe the private complaint filed by Ravi Kumar, BJP Yuva Morcha Member Secretary, and submit his report by May 21 this year.
The complainant accused Dharam Singh, now Congress MP, of illegally denotifying 10 acres, 17 guntas (a gunta is 1/40th of an acre) in Uttarahalli, Bangalore North Taluk, allocated for formation of Banashankari 6th stage by Bangalore Development Authority, on October 5, 2005 when he was Chief Minister.
The complainant alleged that of this 10 acres 17 guntas, 2 acres 20 guntas was sold to Kavita for Rs 50 lakh for which the sale deed was executed on December 9, 2005. Kavita in turn sold this to Sobha developers on August 1, 2006 for Rs four crore.
On the same day, the remaining land was also sold to Sobha Developers by the landowners for a whopping sum, the complaint alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested