‘Lokayukta probe against Krishna to continue’
New Delhi: The Karnataka High Court on Friday rejected a petition moved by Union External Affairs Minister SM Krishna challenging the Lokayukta probe against him in connection with an illegal mining case.
The high court, while refusing to entertain Krishna’s plea, ruled that the Lokayukta proceedings against the state’s former chief minister will continue.
The ruling comes days after the Lokayukta court ordered a probe by the Lokayukta Police while responding to a private complaint against three former Karnataka chief ministers, including Krishna, over allegations that they permitted illegal mining during their tenure.
Lokayukta Court Judge N K Sudhindra Rao directed the Lokayukta ADGP to conduct the probe against Krishna, former chief ministers N Dharam Singh (Congress) and HD Kumaraswamy (JDS) and directed it to submit its report.
The judge passed the order under section 156 (3) Cr PC (power to investigate cognizable cases).
The complainant TJ Abraham had accused Krishna (who was the Chief Minister from October 1999 to May 2004), and his successors N Dharam Singh and HD Kumaraswamy of having indulged in various acts of omission and commission of illegalities in relation to grant of leases for mining in the state during their tenure as Chief Ministers. He also named 11 officials as co-accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ground reporting reveals shocking facts about Kashmir unrest
- BJP protests against BSP over 'foul language' used for Dayashankar Singh's daughter
- DNA: Analyzing the complete aspect of UNCIP's resolution on Kashmir
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Blockbuster! 'Sultan' Salman Khan's action drama inching closer to Rs 300 crore
- When hotel staff received complaints about weird noises coming out of Rahul Dravid’s room!
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav backs Dayashankar's ticket-selling allegation against Mayawati
- Jammu & Kashmir violence: DIG South Kashmir, SSP Anantnag transferred
- What an idea! Harbhajan Singh offers Windies bowlers full-proof plan to stop Virat Kohli