‘Lokayukta probe against Krishna to continue’
New Delhi: The Karnataka High Court on Friday rejected a petition moved by Union External Affairs Minister SM Krishna challenging the Lokayukta probe against him in connection with an illegal mining case.
The high court, while refusing to entertain Krishna’s plea, ruled that the Lokayukta proceedings against the state’s former chief minister will continue.
The ruling comes days after the Lokayukta court ordered a probe by the Lokayukta Police while responding to a private complaint against three former Karnataka chief ministers, including Krishna, over allegations that they permitted illegal mining during their tenure.
Lokayukta Court Judge N K Sudhindra Rao directed the Lokayukta ADGP to conduct the probe against Krishna, former chief ministers N Dharam Singh (Congress) and HD Kumaraswamy (JDS) and directed it to submit its report.
The judge passed the order under section 156 (3) Cr PC (power to investigate cognizable cases).
The complainant TJ Abraham had accused Krishna (who was the Chief Minister from October 1999 to May 2004), and his successors N Dharam Singh and HD Kumaraswamy of having indulged in various acts of omission and commission of illegalities in relation to grant of leases for mining in the state during their tenure as Chief Ministers. He also named 11 officials as co-accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly