‘Lokayukta probe against Krishna to continue’
New Delhi: The Karnataka High Court on Friday rejected a petition moved by Union External Affairs Minister SM Krishna challenging the Lokayukta probe against him in connection with an illegal mining case.
The high court, while refusing to entertain Krishna’s plea, ruled that the Lokayukta proceedings against the state’s former chief minister will continue.
The ruling comes days after the Lokayukta court ordered a probe by the Lokayukta Police while responding to a private complaint against three former Karnataka chief ministers, including Krishna, over allegations that they permitted illegal mining during their tenure.
Lokayukta Court Judge N K Sudhindra Rao directed the Lokayukta ADGP to conduct the probe against Krishna, former chief ministers N Dharam Singh (Congress) and HD Kumaraswamy (JDS) and directed it to submit its report.
The judge passed the order under section 156 (3) Cr PC (power to investigate cognizable cases).
The complainant TJ Abraham had accused Krishna (who was the Chief Minister from October 1999 to May 2004), and his successors N Dharam Singh and HD Kumaraswamy of having indulged in various acts of omission and commission of illegalities in relation to grant of leases for mining in the state during their tenure as Chief Ministers. He also named 11 officials as co-accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read