Lokayukta raids on residences of MLA Krishnappa
Bangalore: Lokayukta police on Thursday conducted raids at the residences of Congress MLA M Krishnappa and his son Priay Krishna, also an MLA, as part of a probe ordered by Lokayukta court against them in connection with a private
The raids were conducted at his two residences in Vidyanagar and two offices located near Chalukya circle on Race Court road, Lokayukta sources told a news agency.
ATM cards belonging to Krishnappa and his two sons and various documents pertaining to their bank accounts were confiscated during the raids, the sources said.
The Lokayukta court had on January 16 ordered probe into the private complaint against Krishnappa, who represents Vijaynagar constituency in the city, for amassing wealth to the tune of about Rs 700 crore disproportionate to his known
sources of income.
Lokayukta Special Court Judge NK Sudhindra Rao directed the Superintendent of Police Lokayukta, Bangalore Urban, to investigate into the complaint filed by city-based advocate HC Prakash and submit report to the court by February 18.
Prakash in the complaint filed on January nine against Krishnappa, his wife Priyadarshini Krishnappa, his two sons, Priya Krishna, MLA representing Govindrajnagar constituency, and Pradeep Krishna, alleged that they had amassed property to the tune of about Rs 700 crore, which was disporportionate to
their known sources of income.
The complainant sought for action to be initiated under section 13 of the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ayodhya self-defence camp: Azam Khan slams Bajrang Dal, says its polarising society
- Facebook to shut down its desktop ad exchange 'FBX'
- Shutdown over 'sainik colony' affects life in Kashmir
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results declared, check www.tseamcet.in
- Bollywood actress Jacqueline supports UN campaign against illegal wildlife trade