Lokayukta registers 361 complaints last month
Bangalore: Karnataka Lokayukta has registered
as many as 361 complaints and disposed off 427 under Karnataka
Lokayukta Act last month.
As many as 123 complaints were sent to the competent
authority for taking disciplinary action against public
servants, Lokayukta press release said.
In 47 complaints, the grievances were redressed and 143
complaints were closed, while in 86, allegations levelled were
not substantiated. Four complaints were withdrawn.
Lokayukta also filed as many as 37 cases under the
Prevention of Corruption Act 1988. Of the 37 cases registered,
one case related to amassing of wealth disproportionate to
known sources of income.
Further,28 cases relate to demand and acceptance of illegal
gratification and eight on possession of unaccounted money by
government servants during discharge of their official duties,
the release said.
In the current month, investigating officers had completed
the investigation in 40 cases, the release added.
Upalokayukta also informed that it held a review meeting of
the enquiry and scrutiny officers on August 29.
During the meeting, Upalokayukta instructed enquiry and
scrutiny officers to take action to dispose old complaints,
enquiries and crime cases on priority basis, the release said.
The Upalokayukta also proposed to prepare an action
plan in this regard, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje